TAMPA, Fla. – The USL announced on Thursday the five nominees for the USL Player of the Month award for April, with top performers from the opening month of the 2018 season selected for the ballot.
Voting in the USL Player of the Month Award will be conducted by the following three voting bodies:
- A fan vote on USLSoccer.com will comprise 51 percent of the poll. The fan vote will run through Monday, May 7 at 12 p.m. ET.
- The USL Technical Committee’s ballots comprise 25 percent of the poll.
- The USL National Media Panel’s ballots comprise 24 percent of the poll.
The award winner and complete voting results will be announced on Thursday, May 10.
Please note: The USL Player of the Month selections process in no way is tied directly to the voting and selection process of End of the Year awards such as USL MVP or position players of the year.
2018 USL Player of the Month Nominees – April
- Neco Brett, M, Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC – Brett recorded four goals and one assist to lead Riverhounds SC to an undefeated record through the month of April.
- Cameron Lancaster, F, Louisville City FC – Lancaster had four goals in four games in April to lead Louisville to its best start in club history with five wins from its first six games.
- Daniel Ríos, F, North Carolina FC – Rios scored three times as North Carolina put together a four-game undefeated streak to close the month of April in good form.
- Kharlton Belmar, F, Swope Park Rangers – Belmar continued his strong season with three goals in two games for the Rangers in April to remain in the lead in the race for the USL Golden Boot.
- Andre Rawls, GK, Orange County SC – Rawls recorded shutouts in three of four games for Orange County in April, recording 20 saves to help the side move top of the Western Conference.