TAMPA, Fla. – The USL announced on Thursday the five nominees for the USL Player of the Month award for September, with top performers from the past month of the 2018 season selected for the ballot.
Voting in the USL Player of the Month Award will be conducted by the following three voting bodies:
The award winner and complete voting results will be announced on Thursday, October 11.
Please note: The USL Player of the Month selections process in no way is tied directly to the voting and selection process of End of the Year awards such as USL MVP or position players of the year.
2018 USL Player of the Month Nominees – September
- Emmanuel Ledesma (CIN) – Ledesma recorded three goals and five assists to lead Cincinnati to a perfect month and the 2018 USL Regular Season Championship.
- Aodhan Quinn (OC) – Quinn posted four goals and four assists and led the league with 21 chances created as Orange County ended the month on top of the Western Conference.
- Hadji Barry (SPR) – Barry scored in all five of the Rangers' contests and in the process set a modern-era USL record as he reached eight consecutive games with a goal.
- Tsubasa Endoh (TOR) – Endoh finished tied for the league-high with five goals in the month of September, which included three that came from outside the area in a remarkable hat trick against FC Cincinnati.
- Josh Cohen (SAC) – Cohen recorded three shutouts in four starts and conceded only one goal on 15 shots faced for a 93.3 save percentage as Republic FC went undefeated throughout September.